Troponin Levels! Help Please!
I've been to the doctor and went to the ER just to be sent back home before you tell me to do so.

I have a history of severe obstructive lung disease (asthma) and Lupus.

I've been having chest pain and shortness of breath for two days now. I went to the hospital yesterday telling them that I felt a heaviness in the middle of my chest....just slightly off to the right side. It is hard to pinpoint exactly where the pain is.

I feel the pain radiate to my back as well. I went to the hospital and they did check me for Pulmonary embolism. They checked my CKMB, myoglobin, and my troponin levels. THey didn't tell me what the levels were but I looked for myself.

The other numbers were fine but my troponin levels were at a 0.5. I also had an elevated d-dimer test as well. That's the second time that test was elevated. I was in the hospital for respiratory arrest on May 14, 2012 and my troponin levels at that time were 0.01. Why they are elevated? I'm not sure.

I also have Lupus so that could be a reason why my D-Dimer test comes back positive. Should I be concerned? Could this possibly be angina? Whatever it is, I don't feel too good and I'm using my nebulizer and asthma inhalers a lot. Please help me because I'm not getting answers.
please help
Did they rule out a clot in your lungs?  Is there a different ER?
Yes. They ruled out blood clots.
Yes it could very well be Angina. What we have to remember is that Angina are the symptoms, not what is physically going on. I have been to the hospital on more than one occasion where my Angina has been painful, yet the troponin/ecg etc all reveal nothing. However, an Angiogram has on both times revealed a blockage which required stenting. There is great concern building up over this because some people feel angina with a blockage of 30%, while others feel angina with a blockage of 99% and yet others feel nothing with 100%. It is unclear why, but perhaps it is something to do with how much turbulence the blockage causes. Angina symptoms are not always reflected in Troponin levels, this just means the cells are not yet breaking down. I see it that angina is an early warning system, one which should not be ignored.
Thank you so much for your answer. Now if I could only get someone to pay attention to me. I'm a thirty-two year old woman so of course, my pains aren't taken seriously.