Heart Disease Expert Forum
Troponin and AccuTnl levels during an heart attack

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

I had an heart attack two months ago and it was confirmed that it was an M.I. I had an angioplasty operation as one of the arteries was blocked. (RCA).
My insurance company wants know what was my troponin T and AccuTnl levels during my heart attack. These figures were never disclosed to me during my hospitalisation or discharge. Therefore I have today given my consent to them to contact my cardiologist and get the figures.

My question is that, Can Troponin T  be more than 1.0 ng/ml and AccuTnl > 0.5 ?

what are the usual figures on average for a person who had an heart attack? (during the attack not after the recovery)

thanks for your response in advance,

Cheers, Larry
It takes about 30 minutes for the troponins to go up during the time of the heart attack, so these labs aren't used for diagnosing heart attacks, instead they are used to confirm it.  At the time of the heart attack the most important findings are the ECG findings and the patient's symptoms.  Those decided whether a large enough territory of the myocardium is at stake and whether a patient needs to be taken for an emergent intervention vs urgent intervention.  Tropnonins may never be checked at the time of the heart attack, and even if checked within 30 minutes of symptom onset they may be normal (as stated above).  That does not mean that a heart attack isn't ongoing, it just means that it's early on during its course and not enough enzymes have leaked into the blood stream.  Once the heart attack has been going on for about 4 hours, these enzymes are elevated significantly in the blood, but they don't peak until about 24 to 48 hours post heart attack.  The rise in troponins isn't uniform amongst different patient so there is no standard as to a typical rise during an MI.  Any elevation in these enzymes is however considered a sign of a recent heart attack.  
many thanks for ypur reply and explanaition......appreciate it ...

Regards