Heart Disease Community
URGENT- how do i convince someone to go to the doctor?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to angina, angioplasty, arrhythmia, bypass surgery, cardiomyopathy, coronary artery disease, defibrillator, heart attack, heart disease, mitral valve, pacemaker, PAD, stenosis, and stress tests.

I am new to this site and i do not know how to put this in the cancer section. But i think my mom has oral cancer. she is extremly paranoid and frantic about going. As you can tell i am in desperate need in knowing how to get her to the doctor. I have researched all the symptoms and signs and i know it must be what it is. We even have a familu friend who has dealt with the disease. Which in hearing her story my mother has only become more frantic. Insurance is a problem. We have copay but the copay for it is over 1,ooo dollars. We are scared and confused. Me more so. I have not shared my researched findings yet with my mother. What should i do?
There is a forum for cancer. You may get help there. Self diagnosis is tricky. I would not let your mom (or you) get too worked up until the doctor (preferable an oncologist) says that she has cancer. Even if it is cancer, not all cancers are the same. So relax and see a doctor. Don't worry about the $1k copay; an office visit will be much less than that. Go from there.

http://www.medhelp.org/forums/show/59