Understanding Echo Results
Left Ventricle is normal in size and function. Normal LV wall thickness. Ejection Fraction 68%
Right Ventricle is normal in size and function.
Left atrial and right atrial are normal in size
No evidence of Mitral Valve Prolapse (although I was diagnosed with it in 2003). No MV stenosis. Trace MR.
Tricuspid valve is normal. No prolapse. No stenosis. Trace regurgitation. RSVP is 29mmHg.
Aortic Valve is normal in structure and function.
There is borderline thickening of the pulmonic valve. No stenosis. Trace regurgitation.
No pericardial effusion. No pleural effusion.

Measurements:
IVSd: 1.0, IVSs: 1.4, LVIDd: 4.4, LVIDs: 2.8, LVPWd: 1.0, EF: 68%, Ao root diam: 2.2 LA dimension: 2.9

Time measurements: Aortic R-R: 0.68 sec , Aortic HR: 88 BPM
Doppler Measurements: MV E max vel: 102 cm/sec, MV max PG: 4.3 mmHg, MVA(P1/2t): 4.0cm, Ao V2 max: 147 cm/sec, MV A max vel: 88cm/sec, MV E/A: 1.2, Ao max PG: 8.7 mmHg,
AVA(V,D): 1.8 cm, LV mean PG: 2.2 mmHg, LV V1 max: 105 cm/sec, LV V1 mean: 69 cm/sec, LV V1 VTI: 21 cm, CO(LVOT) 4.6 l/min, SV(LVOT): 52 ml, PA V2 max: 107 cm/sec, PA max PG 4.6 mmHG, TRmax PG: 24mmHg, RVSP(TR): 29mmHg

SORRY THERE IS SO MUCH HERE BUT WHAT CONCERNS ME IS THE BORDERLINE THICKENING OF PULMONIC VALVE. WHAT DOES THAT MEAN? AND HOW CAN I NO LONGER HAVE MVP BUT I STILL HAVE THE SKIPPED BEATS AND SYMPTOMS...PLEASE HELP
Q: "SORRY THERE IS SO MUCH HERE BUT WHAT CONCERNS ME IS THE BORDERLINE THICKENING OF PULMONIC VALVE. WHAT DOES THAT MEAN? AND HOW CAN I NO LONGER HAVE MVP BUT I STILL HAVE THE SKIPPED BEATS AND SYMPTOMS...PLEASE HELP"

>>>>>> Your echo report is normal.  MVP is a structual problem with the mitral valve and almost always does not cause any symptoms nor progress....not an uncommon condition.

Thickening of the pulmonic valve is the opening for the right ventricle to pump blood to the lungs to be oxygenated. Skipped beats is not uncommon occurence and electrical conduction problem with the impulse pathway.  You may want to consult your doctor about the thickening and its significance....it usually is a buildup of calcium that restricts the normal flow of blood to the lungs if serious.  Also, the right ventricle would enlarge as a result of the increased pressure to pump blood through a smaller opening when there is a medical problem..

You may or may not have mild MVP or it is so slight there is no mention on the second test.  You will need to contact your doctor for a clarification and if necessary compare the two tests.  You are asking questions that can only be answeed by the PE or your doctor.  We can only provide a perspective to help you communicate with your doctor...