Update, Got the report and other info..
Got a copy of my Echo report today while at the PCP.
My LVEF is estamated at 50-55% as opposed to pre-surgery estamate at 35%.
everything else is "Normal" as if there never were any damage!  Happy Happy Joy Joy!! :-)

Talked to my PCP today, as noted else where, my LDL is up by 2 points, Trigs are up a few points, and my HDL is dropped by half to 20.  She prescribed 250mg x3/day to help with the HDL and will have blood drawn in early February to recheck everything.

Also, (unrelated issues), doubled my thyroid med.s because I'm still a tick low.  And last, starting this Tuesday, going to take care of an ear problem I had for four years.  don't know what it is but is very similar to a blocked eschain(?) tube where I hear every heart beat, breath, eye movement, and voice very loudly.  Driven mad with this.
That is very good news! Will it stay that way now? Let's hope so. Glad you got the ear fixed. I always wonder when someone says they can hear their heartbeat in their ear if the ear is just plugged up or has some fluid in it. It just acts like an echo chamber and it is annoying.

irene
  Been this way since Sept. 2006 and it's been driving me crazy!
I would really like to know what you find out about the ear problem. I have this swishing in both my ears since Jan 09 and it hasn't gone away yet...it just started out of the blue. I had a MRI, MRA, CAT scan on my brain and all came back normal. I don't have high blood pressure, don't smoke, drink on occasions, eat well and don't have any blood problems. I've also had my ears checked by a ear, nose and throat doc and found nothing. I hope this isn't a life long thing.
You can email me at: ***@****

Chuck
Guess u can't email me. sorry!
that's a great Christmas gift early :)  How did you get your EF up?

My husband went to an ENT last month and had something done, I can't whisper anymore around him lol He had fluid behind something (no clue) and then buildup and that's how he was sounded like it was an annoying echo; plus sometimes it hurt, but after they fixed it he was so relieved.
Vegasheat;  Back in '07 I was also told to get an MRI but since I didn't have insurance I decided to save up some money.  Unfortunately the heart attack came first ;-(  Any case, after some research I figured it might be the (estchain? (spelling?)) tube.  This is a tube that goes from the ear behind the drum to the back of the throat.  When going up/down a hill and you swallow to releive the pressure differences, it's the tube that alows for this.  I thought this might be blocked.  I have since eliminated most of this possibility but I'm still open to my ENT's idea's.  There is an ENT forum here on MedHelp.  Give that a try, at the very least you could get educated on the entire ear system.

Lisa;  If your husband was taken care of in one appointment, odds are he had a wax build up on the ear drum.  All that's done here is to fill the ear with a wax softening solution (I used to use Hydrogen Peroxide) and rinse it out.  The build up can come from not cleaning the ear over time or cleaning it wrong or wearing ear plugs.  Ear plugs will push the wax in deep enough that it's very heard to clean out with a q-tip. and a build up of this it can become impacted and it takes a Dr to clean it out.  I had this done before because of ear plug requirement at work.

oops, getting late, got's to go to that appiontment with the ENT.  I'll finish up when I get back.
  The ENT told me what I already knew, it "might be" the estacian(?) tube.  The Audiologist confirmed that everything works right and my hearing is near perfect.  The ENT used a endeoscope(?) to look down my throat because of a voice problem .  everything looked normal but he did mention the possibility of slight reflux, in essence everything looked good.  So, since there is nothing visually wrong anywhere we are going to take a guess and if the fix doesn't work we'll guess at something different and work on that.  For starters, Mometasone furoate monohhydrate (Nasonex nose spray) and a saline nasal spray for three weeks when I see him again.

Lisa;  Your guess is as good as mine with the increase in EF.  Reading the posts here on this forum my guess is the Carvedilol (coreg), It's not from exorcising or diet although my diet does include much more fruits and (farmed) salmon.  Carvedilol has the strongest case for the increase but if it is only from that then Coreg truly is the miracle drug it's said to be!  Oh, and your "husband"? bummer, you were the only one to laugh at my chocolate jokes.  oops, or was it Ireneo?