Heart Disease Expert Forum
Upsloping T-Wave Depression
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Upsloping T-Wave Depression

I am a 40 year old female with a history of Migraines and tachacarydia (120) on Inderal for mild BP elevations, Migraine and tach. Non smoker(never), Good weight and Cholestrol. No Birth Control ever. Fatherdied at 42 after 8th plaugue realted MI beginning at age 26, Mom died at 69 combo stroke and V-fib,and she had a pacer implant 81 for Sick Sinus syndrome the atrial fib problems.

I do well but I get winded easy and I am mildly inactive mainly due to fear of MI or Stroke from exercise. EKG has showed Minor S-T wave abnormality since 26..with a normal sinus rate. One showed some very mild anteriour ishesimia and a shrot P, but that was years back now its just S-T wave abnormal and they say nothing to worry about.
My question Has a Treadmill stress test..Lasted about 3 min and could not breathe, BP decent rate and all good..Test termed equiovocal due to upsloping T-Wave depression. was told this is common in women especially with MVP like me(mild) and not to concern with it but no one seems to be able to explain what this is and where it comes from and what it can lead to or cause in the short or long run for my health..Can this cause a MI or stroke? Do I need asprin therapy due to upsloping T-Wave abnl?
Thank You for any help on this ?