Heart Disease Expert Forum
V-Tach, LVH?

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

V-Tach, LVH?

Last month I failed a thallium stress test and went forward with an angiogram.  The test showed over 80% blockages in LAD, Left Circumflex, and Right Coronary Arteries (RCA). I received a stent in the LAD and Circumflex, and an angioplasty in a branch of the LAD. I was in the lab for 2 hours and had alot of dye injected in me so, they left the RCA alone and said that I could come back at a later date or manage it with lifestyle and Medication.

If you read my previous posts you can see that I haven't been feeling my best for the past year or so, and had developed frequent PVCs over the past few years. An event monitor even picked up a short 9 beat run of non sustained monomorphic ventricular tachycardia within the past 6 months.

I've been told by a few doctors that the RCA supplies blood to the SA Node of the heart which helps regulate heart rhythm.  If I was fairly certain that stenting the RCA would help with the rhythm issues I would book my appointment tomorrow.  I also had an echo a week after the stent procedure.  There was a finding of "mild concentric LVH".  The heart rhythm specialist I see doesn't seem concerned with this, but I also wonder if my symptoms are actually caused by LVH?
It is possible that stenting of the RCA could help eliminate some of the ventricular ectopy you are having.  Sometimes ectopy can be caused by low blood flow to the heart and fixing it by stenting can help.  With a normal heart function and mild LVH (which is unlikley to cause you any symptoms) I would not be concerned about the VT once the RCA is fixed  You should, however, be on beta blockers.  Your EP doctor is correct.  If you had hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (which you don't), the runs of NSVT would be significant and would justify placing an ICD.  Again, you don't fit that profile at all.