Heart Disease Community
V-Tach on EKG

A community of people with Heart Disease to guide and support your heart-health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, nutrition, and management.

V-Tach on EKG

9097441?1368108598
This past weekend I was in the ER due to asthma and while in there the heart monitor started beeping and flashing V-TACH (this is *not* the first time this has happened to me on a monitor).

I felt the run of v-tach happening and have a history of small runs of v-tach as well as sinus tach and had a heart attack in October of 2012 and it is documented in my records that I have a history of sporadic V-tach.

No one came into my room so I buzzed the nurse and one came in... said everything was fine now and left, later a Dr came in and told me it was 'background noise, probably the AC' which annoyed me but I just dropped it and asked for the tracing that came out of the machine in the room because I wanted it to bring with me to my Cardiologist or to sell to Ripleys since it seems I have an air conditioner in my chest (since I felt it happening as it happens... v-tach feels like hard bubbling in the chest that robs your breath... sinus tach feels like hard fast tapping, there is a noticeable difference in the sensations).

I am including a picture of the tracing which I cut and pasted to show a close-up of the printed data on the top, the full run they gave me in the middle with the printed data off the edge and a close-up of the event on the bottom.

If this is just 'outside noise' then I wonder why it happened at the exact same time I felt an event and if it isn't 'outside noise' I would like to know if it was in fact v-tach or something else.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Understand your predicament. If it is V tach it needs to be treated. Ventricular tachycardia refers to any rhythm faster than 100 beats per minute, with 3 or more irregular beats in a row, arising distal to the bundle of His. Therapy for this depends on the number of episodes occurring and if the patient is hemodynamically stable of not, meaning if the vitals are stable. Also, Electrocardiography is the gold standard for the diagnosis of VT. So, discuss this with your cardiologist, he may ask for an ECHO or a 24 hrs holter monitoring and based on the findings therapy can be planned.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.