Heart Disease Expert Forum
VEG-F

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

VEG-F

I had a double by pass 10 years ago but one graft blocked up a few months later. My angina is becoming worse  and Ican only walk  short distances.At 84 years (today) I am not eligible and have no desire for open heart surgery.
VEG-F would seem an alternative.
What is the state of development and is it likely to become available here in Australia (where it started) in the forseeable future?
In the United States, though the therapy seems to hold promise, for the most part research is on hold as regulatory issues are being worked out. I am not aware of any clinical research on vegf in Australia at the current time. If medications are not sufficient for you angina, a high-risk angioplasty might be a possibility to consider, if your coronary anatomy is suitable.
What is VegF? Thanks!
good question robin.  i believe it would be helpful to many
of us to have a brief expanation of some of the unfamiliar
(to most) terms used in the questions and answers.  once
again, sincere thanks to all who make this wonderful forum
possible.