Heart Disease Expert Forum
Vagal Response
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Vagal Response

I have been doctoring for about a month with symptoms relating to  a heart problem.  On my first visit to the GP he did an EKG, which showed a tall spike(representing my lower left side of the heart. I also had a high blood pressure (150/110). He did extensive blood work at this time. On my next visit, My blood work returned okay and BP still running high.  He sent me for a cardiolite stress test. The results came back with a possible blockage to the lower left side of the heart. I then was scheduled for a catherization.
The cath showed NOTHING> I did have a Vagal down episode right before the cath. The cardiologist said that could be related to my syptoms (symptoms) and Now I am confused??  I also had this same type of episode before sinus surgery 7 years ago. I am taking atenolol 25 mg. He said a Beta blocker would more than likely solve my problem.  He walks away and explains none of the above, so I hope you understand my confusion. If you could help in any way just to explain I would greatly appreciate your help.I have looked up several things on the internet,but I am still confused. I didn't faint.  My BP and heart rate dropped very quickly and it took atripine to bring me back.  Also, does hydration have any thing to do with this????