Valvular regurgitation and COPD
I have been followed by a cardiologist and a pulmonologist. I have moderate regurgitation in the Aortic, tricuspid and one other valve .. I also have COPD that is being treated by Advair and a  handihaler once daily and Lasix 40 mg.. I must use 2 liters of oxygen at night and was just tested and found that I must use oxygen when I am exertional. I tested the need for 4 liters of oxygen at 280 feet walking. I get very short of breath. I was told by my cardiologist that I would eventually need to have the valves replaced. Does this sudden need for oxygen when I walk or get excited mean I am closer to needing the surgery. My normal O2 saturaton at rest is at 95%. My COPD has improved over the last 2 years and My chest is clear.
I am 69 year old woman, average size 12/14, and was just diagnosed with Copd and have Aeortic regurgitation stenosis. My pulmonologist put me on Spiriva and oxygen. My question is that I have 3 cockatiel birds. Will I have to give them up? Of course my health comes first. They do create quite a mess as well as dust and feathers in the air.
As long as you keep them clean you should be fine. It's their poop which 'can' become infested with a bacteria. So just keep the bottom of the cage clean and all should be great.