Heart Disease Expert Forum
Vasovagal syncope
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank

Vasovagal syncope

Posted By Marie on October 07, 1998 at 12:48:09:

I was recently diagnosed by a cardiologist during a tilt table test with vasovagal syncope.  I have had this all of my life and have passed out periodically with this disease.  It doesn't happen frequently, which is a blessing.  (I'm 44)   I do have warnings signs which enable me to lay down and avoid passing out.  The cardiologist instructed me to increase salt intake, increase fluid intake, wear knee high support stockings.  I understand that there are medications which could prevent this from happening.  I am having anxiety and have had anxiety off and on for the last 5 years though most of the time it's under control.  As of lately it's been constant..  My internist does not want to put me on medication at this point due to a bad reaction to Paxil lowering my blood pressure.  This was before the tilt table test was performed.  I was wondering if you might know of another medication which may help the anxiety and not lower the blood pressure?  And any other infomation you can provide me with vasovagal syncope would be greatly appreciated!  Thank you in advance for you time and help.