Ventricle size
During an Echo today the technician mentioned something about my ventricles being the same size. I did some research online and found that ventricles are the same size, but the wall of the left ventricle is larger/thicker. She was concerned enough to call someone else into the room. The other person didn't have an answer. They just saved a video recording of it and put a note on the paperwork. I was told a cardiologist is going to review my stress test and echo results prior to sending the results to my primary care physician. I will not be able to ask the cardiologist directly. Can anyone give me some input on what they might have been referring to?

Thank you
The left side of the heart (LV) will have a thicker wall dimension because it is pumping against higher resistance and needs stronger contractility.  The right ventricle should be smaller, and if it is abnormally large that could indicate the heart is pumping against higher than normal resistance.  The resistance can be due to stenosis (narrowing) of pulmonary vessel, thrombosis (blood clots) and/or pulmonary emboli (clots), etc.  Worst case scenario.

Thanks for the quesiton, and if you have any further quesitons or comments you are welcome to respond.  Take care,

Ken