Heart Disease Expert Forum
Ventricular Tachycardia? Worried! Please help
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Ventricular Tachycardia? Worried! Please help

I have PVC's , specifically extraystoles.
I have them sometimes about 7-8 times a minute , Sometimes i'll have them 3-4 times a minute and sometimes I wont have them in a minute.
The doctor told me i had these from looking at my ECG which she said was all normal and i also had a blood test which came back totally normal.
Because of my anxiety I get really worried and I asked the doctor for further tests and she said theres really no need because i'm perfectly healthy.
I dont feel any PVC's at all after i exercise , but then i feel them when i'm at rest. Im guessing this is a good thing
The only thing i'm worried about is because ive read these PVC's could lead to Ventricular Tachycardia and then Sudden cardiac death which absolutely scares the crap out of me.
Whenever i mention things like possible heart disease or sudden death to my doctor she just laughs it off and says i'm being silly , she's probably right.
Since I have normal blood tests and ecg's and the doctor says my heart is absolutely fine can i stop worrying about going into sudden cardiac death :( If your answer is gonna scare the crap out of me i'd rather you not answer as i'm looking for reassurance to help with my terrible anxiety
PVCs are very common. In an otherwise healthy heart, they are benign. It is completely normal that you feel them at rest but not after exercise, because when your heart rate is fast, there is less time between beats, and therefore less of a chance for premature beats to occur.

If you are feeling a ton of PVCs, you could wear a Holter monitor to actually quantify the amount of premature beats and see if therapy is warranted. Generally speaking, though, the potential treatments (medications or ablation) carry more risk than the PVCs themselves.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
CCFHeart MD25Blank
Blank
Request an Appointment
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity