Verticular Bigeminy at rest
I get irregular heart beats when I am in the rest condition.This irregular beats are not felt while driving,Walking and Climbing steps. I had taken Medicine Cordarone. But it does not seems to have any impact. I had gone through Stress Test. Intially the stress test indicated Verticular Bgeminy but dissappered as the excercise progressed, The condition of my hearts are found to be normal. My Blood Pressure is normal with Medicine. I am not a diabetic and do not smoke. I will appreciate if you can let me know the followings
AA-The cause for the Verticular Bigeminy
BB-The treatment required  CC-Preventive Actions required DD-Impact on life
with regards
B.K.Sinha
.

This discussion is related to ventricular bigeminy.
I had 20,000 skipped heart beats in one day, once, lying down. standing up whatever,  but there was also a ventricular fast movement that went on too long. I went on  cordarone, 200g five days a week. After six month my heart suddenly stabilized and my pulse slowed to a very steady 60. I'm fit. But I had to work at it. Stay with it.
oldie
Ventricular bigeminy is very common. As long as you have a structurally normal heart, the extra beats are considered benign.  Some people are able to identify a trigger (cause), but most of the time, we get them regardless.  I do know that a lot of people get them when they are at rest.  I think I read it has something to do with our heart's beating slower and there being a greater chance for the rhythm to get out of sync.  I'm not sure I'm saying that right, but the point is..it is very common to have them at rest, or during periods of slower HR.

Some doctor will give their patients a beta blocker to help reduce the frequency and/or symptoms associated with the extra beats.  Most of the time, the first line of therapy is reassurance.
i need a good referenced source that explains how to calculate the 'underlying' rate of a ventricular bigeminy rhythm...  i say you just go with the rate w/o the PVC's and others say you 'substitute' or impose a sinus QRS where the PVC's occur and count the rate with those in place, effectively doubling the rate from the former method...  which one's most accurate for  calling a rhythm a 'normal sinus w/ ventricular bigeminy' or a 'sinus bradycardia w/ ventricular bigeminy'