Heart Disease Community
Vibration in leg and left side

This patient support community is for discussions relating to angina, angioplasty, arrhythmia, bypass surgery, cardiomyopathy, coronary artery disease, defibrillator, heart attack, heart disease, mitral valve, pacemaker, PAD, stenosis, and stress tests.

Vibration in leg and left side

I recently began having what feels like a vibrations or fluttering in my legs, my left being the most intense. I have occasional snipits of pain but no major ongoing pain. I now feel as if I can feel this vibration or fluttering throughout the left side of my body and back, but have no intense pain. The vibration or fluttering seems almost wave like, though it does not seem to match the rhythm of my heart. I can also add that I have had this vibration like feeling on and off since before Christmas sometimes when I wake up in the morning, but mostly when setting at my desk it becomes worse. Now it doesn't go away and I have had it constantly for three days now. I do sit for long periods of time and I am a plus size woman, so I am concerned it may be heart or related to circulation and I do have a family history of heart disease. Any input would be great. I have no insurance to see the doctor since my husband lost his job, so any input would be greatly appreciated.
I am a 26 year old female and am having some of the same problems. My entire body will start to vibrate, mostly when I lay down to sleep or sit down. It's starting to really scare me, but no doctor's have been able to tell me what's wrong.
Let me know if you figure it out!
I am also having these same symtoms (symptoms).  I recently changed medication and thought maybe it was that.  It makes it very hard to sleep.
My husband is 42 and had a heart attack last year, they put a stint in place.  Over the past 4 months, he has been having vibrations in his left leg.  He reaches for his phone, thinking it is ringing. This is the only way he can describe the virbations.  Is this what you are feeling?

We went to his heart doc check up yesterday and his doc said that he didn't know and to see his PCP.  

Has anyone found out what is it linked to?  

Mandy121 - tell your husband he is not alone. WOW finally someone with the same problem. I was an average person. Worked 8-10hrs a day sometimes more, I was in Managment, great money. everything great. All the sudden hip pain. even had all kinds of blood work done, everything cme back great, a couple weeks later Heart Attack, 98% blockage they were unable to stint. it was a small vein. Sence then my life has gone so down its unbelievable. My hip swells, and is very painful at times. I began falling because my leg would just go out. I now have a wheelchair for going places. I have this vibration that happens randomly, in diffrent spots of my body or sometimes all over, and yup its just like a cell phone on vibrate (low vibrate) Its really scaring the hell out of me. I had a CT scan done of my abdomonal area, they said 2 limp nodes over and inch. and a spot on my lungs. now Ihave to go back to Dr and get a chest CT and a colonoscopy (did I spell that right) all this in a year, I've had to quit my job, and of course sence theres no diagnosis yet, Social security says No Way dude. BTW did I mention I'm only 41... If I find any answers I'll be sure to post .. best of luck to him.. Bob ***@****
Hi Guys,

I have been round off the causes for this problem to two Reasons:

1. Either you have had or are having a chest congestion.

2. It is Gas and / or Acidity.

Get these two things checked and you will be all right!

Tried and Tested :)
I am experiencing the same symptoms. I started to notice this odd feeling about three days ago. I have a low grade vibration in my left upper leg moving into my left pelvis area. It feels like a cell phone vibration but I dont carry a phone in my pocket. I have some pains at times but nothing unusual. I am 41 and have never had any medical problems. There are a bunch of posts on this symptom what the hell is going on. This is to strange of a problem for so many people to have the same issues.
I'm experiencing the same problem,and am almost sure that it is caused by me carrying my cel on vibration mode in my pants left pocket.I feel the vibrations every two or threee minutes and it bothers me a lot.I hope this goes away soon.
hi George like you i carried my cell phone in my left pant leg... i started to feel this strange vibration in my leg.. often reaching for my cell phone... to my surprise it was not vibrating...yet my leg continued to vibrate .. an nor it does it often,,, not sure what this means but it didn't start until i started carrying my phone in my pocket
Im having the same thing happening to me, the vibration can be felt if you are sitting next to me,it travels thru out body and is not in the same place .i have a pain in left side of body also like some1 is stabbing me thru my back,any advice be good thanks
I too am having "fluttering" sensations in my left leg but I don't carry a cell phone. It seems to lessen if I lay down and put my legs up. I am a facility mechanic and have felt and "heard" fluttering/vibration in building pipes that have malfunctioning backcheck valves. I wonder if the fluttering we are feeling is vein backcheck (back flow preventer) valves malfunctioning? I found the term "venous reflux" online. I wonder if this is what we feel? Think about it, if a vein valve allows blood to flow backwards through it, it probably pulsates or flutters. Maybe since veins carry blood that returns from capillaries, possibly it doesn't have the same rythm as our hearts. Just more of a whooooosh, whooooosh. Mine lasts about 4 seconds then goes away for 5 or 10 seconds, then comes back
I wanted to follow up. 5 days of buzzing in my left thigh 2 to 3 times a minute... conservatively speaking is over 10,000 of these sensations, just during awake-hours. It's enough to drive ya nuts! But then I stumbled onto something that made it stop, quite by accident. I have a piece of titanium in my thoracic spine because of surgery for a disc at t9-10. I often set at a lunch chair who's backrest top is even with my surgery site. I have a habit of leaning on the backrest, kind of "hooking" my surgery site on the top edge of the chair, then slumping down in the chair. It kind of takes my back's weight, off the spine in that location and is comfortable for me. On Friday when I did it, for the first time in 5 days, the electrical vibration in my inner left thigh FINALLY STOPPED. I sat in my chair in disbelief and happiness. In one instant I feel like I figured more out than any team of doctors ever would have. I am strongly considering that I have stenosis in the thoracic spine (which has been confirmed in an MRI a few years ago) that is causing this sensation. It's like a miracle that I am able to turn "off" the sensation by putting pressure on a particular point in my back. Doctors are NOT generally familiar with thoracic spine injuries, and most reputeable online website articles say only about 1 in 1 million people have injury there. It's our "core strength" site, and where all our ribs join. Consequently, most doctors are not familiar with the symptoms thoracic spine impingement presents. By contrast, every doctor is familiar with nerve "root" impingement.
Hi I'm 12.. I looked at all of these comments and all of you are older.. I'm experiencing the same thing but on both legs.. I'm starting to get worried. Please help.