Heart Disease Community
Vibrations in left chest area

This patient support community is for discussions relating to angina, angioplasty, arrhythmia, bypass surgery, cardiomyopathy, coronary artery disease, defibrillator, heart attack, heart disease, mitral valve, pacemaker, PAD, stenosis, and stress tests.

Vibrations in left chest area

For the last two weeks, I have been experiencing a form of vibrations in my left chest.  It happens off and on, but it has become more frequent.  I do work out with a trainer and the last couple of weeks we've been doing more upper body workouts with pullies and weights.  I've stopped the training this last week, and I still feel very uncomfortable.  The vibrations cause me to feel irritable and shaky and I've become very tired these last couple of days.  It could be the stress of not knowing what this uncomfortable feeling in my chest is!  I don't have pain or shortness of breadth, but I do feel like taking deep breaths and working out the vibrations to make them stop.  Should I give it more time, or start going for tests!  I'm hoping, of course, that this is nothing to worry about.  I need our advice.
I'm a 55 year old male in reasonably good health and have had this strange vibration sensation in my left chest directly over my heart off and on for the last few months.  It seems to come and go with no apparent rhyme or reason but doesn't usually last too long, sometimes a couple of days.  The sensation is very faint and kind of a raspy feeling like you would feel in your breathing if you were congested.  It is very un-nerving to say the least but I feel better after reading some of the posts related to heart problems.  When it occurs my pulse rate appears to be normal, about 70 - 80 bpm.  I'm wondering if it could be related to blood electrolyte levels or possibly caffeine?  I am not very familiar with myoclonus and certainly not a doctor but it seems like it could be related to an electrical signal in the body or something like that?  Here's another thing that comes to mind, when I am at work I carry my cell phone with me all the time, in my left shirt pocket.  I know it's probably not related but just wanted to throw that out there...
Weird  I have been having the same type of vibrations in my right chest. I think about it now and I have recently started taking ACAI berry  diet pills maybe it is from them. Any ideas?? I also carry my cellphone in my left side of my bra. but not the right side.. ANd it is not in my clothing all the time when I get this. I do not get out of breath just nervous
Does it stop when you halt a breath?

If you can make it stop by pausing your breath, it might be something called a 'friction rub' between your lungs and the tissue that surrounds the lungs.

The only other thing I can think of is a skeletal muscle twitch in your pec or muscle in the rib cage.  Muscle twitches sometimes indicate an electrolyte imabalnce.