Heart Disease Expert Forum
Vsavagal syncope
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Vsavagal syncope

I have been having some chest pains and was admitted to hospital last week to have my heart checked out. I was put on a heart monitor throughout my 3 day stay in hospital.

Whilst I was there a visitor came to see me, and I suddenly felt dizzy and fainted. The heart monitor indicated that I had had an 8 second pause in my heartbeat. I have fainted a few times before in the past but never when my heart was being monitored. My previous faint was about 2 years ago when I was unwell with cellulitis.

All other heart tests proved OK. I had an angiogram and an echo test and do not need any further treatment on the heart as it all appears in working order.

However my consultant says he thinks I have vasovagal syncope and recommends that a pacemaker be fitted. On hearing this news I nearly fainted again and would have done were it not for the intervention of the consultant.

Does the forum agree that fitting a pacemeker is a wise course of action? I thank you for your help>

Steve