Heart Disease Expert Forum
WEIRD BLOOD PRESSURE FLUCTUATIONS
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

WEIRD BLOOD PRESSURE FLUCTUATIONS

Hi. I have been taking my blood pressure recently when at rest. i do this 3 times within 3 to 4 minutes apart to get an average. and it has always showed my blood pressure lowering with each test. but this last 2 weeks it has been strange. let's say i sit down with the correct posture for the test, my systolic would read for example, 113, for the first, then 107 for the 2nd, the 105 for the 3rd. but this last 2 weeks my bp has been for example 113, then 127, then 105. this is confusing me. i explained this to 2 doctors. one in the A&E and the 2nd was my local GP.
i was wondering, as a professional cardiologist at the Cleveland medical centre, could you shed any light on this for me please, thank you.
1687176_tn?1321401609
It is not uncommon to see different blood pressure readings when either taken manually or from a machine.  Blood pressures obtained non-invasively (i.e.from a blood pressure arm cuff) may vary by as much as 10-15 mm Hg based on a variety of non-physiological factors including patient position or the mechanical properties of the blood pressure machine. You should also be reassured that all of your recorded readings are within the normal range.  
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
CCFHeart MD25Blank
Blank
Request an Appointment
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity