WHat heart rate is acceptable while sleeping??
Hello, I"m a 21 year old male, and I recently woke up early in the morning around 630 a.m. I went to the bathroom and came back and laid back down. I checked my pulse and it was anywhere from 48-52, but it just felt like it was beating slow. Is this normal? Is it too slow? Was it like this cause I've been laying down and it was so early in the morning? Please help!
I have heard of others having readings like that while sleeping. I really think it is normal because your body is in rest mode. I think the doctors would be more concerned if your pulse were sustained high while sleeping, unless of course you were having a nightmare or dreaming of chasing something. :)
That would be considered normal... If it where that low during wake hours and you where symptomatic (such as dizziness) then that would be something to look in to.. Where you symptomatic at all? other than just being sleepy? ;)

My father in law has a pulse that during the day stays between 40-60(i dont want to know what it is when hes sleeping! LOL), he can be full out running on the treadmill and his pulse will never get above 120.. Hes not symptomatic so his doctors let him be :)
I've had three Holters in the past five years.  My low end heart rate (sleeping) was always in the low to mid 50s and my doctor said that was fine.
I get down to 42 beats per min. at night and that is considered normal.
I was in the hospital for a cath on telemetry, and they recorded my heart rate going down to 33.  To me, I was in a deep sleep (no kidding).  The nurse came in and woke me up to see if I was ok (which to me, I did).

Sometimes in a deep sleep, I think I'm dreaming a fluttery feeling...who knows, could be something goofy--maybe that's what they spotted on their telemetry.

The lowest my heart went that I remember was 23 (lol, that was after another cath).  I had a vaso vagal reaction after having the clamp (back when they used clamps) placed on the incision.  At that rate, I was barely aware.  The crash team came in, and gave me atropine--shot my HR up to 130...whew that wakes you up.  

Good luck!
Al Dente, you are funny.  
I think that is normal!

I took my pulse last night before I went to sleep and it was 80.

Isn't that a bit too high? Sometimes it'll be in the 100's! I think that's because I have anxiety problems and just think too much..but when I don't it's anywhere from 75-85 at rest.
My resting heart rate is 50-60 bpm and according to my holter results it dropped to 40. i was very concerned but my ep said its absolutely fine and alot of young people have similar rates
When I got back to the ward after the ablation (GA).  I was half sleeping and unable to keep still.  Didn't listen to the commands.  My cardio came up and saw me and the nurse told him that my rate dropped to 40 (evening).  An external pacemaker immediately connected to the cath at my groin.  Oxygen was given and started the drips.  The Drs at the ward told me that 40 is not acceptable.....
just got out of hospital and mine was got down to 30 bpm they were concerned but it could be normal for me they monatored me for two days and it averaged mid to high 30's every time i was sleeping
My resting HR is often 50 - 55.  That is scary because I am NOT an athlete, I am almost 50, and I do little, to no exercise.  Everything I read says a low resting HR (if not an athlete) is a sign of heart disease.  Has anyone else (in my physical condition/age/sedentary) had such a low resting HR?
I'm 53 male from Australia and resting heart rate during hot weather 30C (86F) is usually around 55-60 and during cooler weather around 20C (68F) is 40-50 but during sleep when I was wearing a Holter Monitor was as low as 33bpm. Heart specialist said he wasn't concerned as I had no symptoms and when I was walking and moving around it was 60+. Not very active any more (last 7-8 years) due to degenerative spinal condition.