Heart Disease Community
WPW, ablation then pacemaker

A community of people with Heart Disease to guide and support your heart-health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, nutrition, and management.

WPW, ablation then pacemaker

My wife was diagnosed with WPW in 2007.  Doctor did the basic ablation procedure which he later found out did not take care of all the extra pathways.  Then he decided to insert a pacemaker on her to address the slow heart beat.  Now she has Tachycardia every time after she does any physical activity.  Her doctor say that she has two choices to solve her problem:1) going for another ablation surgery which he says it could lead her heart to be 100% dependable on the pacemaker (if the ablation procedure does not correct the problem) or 2) Take medicines for the rest of her life while suffering from the side effects of it.  My question is: Is her "not so often" Tachycardia something that can put her in a  life threatening situation? She is now 29 yo and has developed anxiety and fear of exercising, which it was her number one hobby.  
My wife is in a similar situation. She was born with WPW and has had 5 ablations in her lifetime (3 this past summer). All were unsuccessful. Now although the doctor says that she cannot die of svt or rapid heart rate, I know she can. Everything that i have read has said she can. The dr was only doing it to not scare her.
Be very careful of her situation and make sure you dedicate your time to make sure she is ok when she has "episodes." We are at the point of a pacemaker to HELP her instead of hinder her. She would rather live life knowing her outcome instead of instant death possibly.

Hope this helps.
BloodPressure Tracker
Monitor Your Blood Pressure
HeartRhythm Tracker
Track your Heart Condition
Individuals with social phobia have...
12 hrs ago by gymdandee
H.R. 2393, Country of Origin Labeli...
Jul 01 by gymdandee
Ease Anxiety With Food
Jul 01 by gymdandee