Waking up from rapid heart beat?
I woke up a few hours ago with m heart beating very fast and hard (could feel it in my chest) for about 5 minutes, and then i feel air or something coming up my stomach and i kind of burp it out. Also after this happened i started to get pain in my left arm.
This has happened in the past maybe 7 or 8 times, but those times it happened if i ate right before i lay down to sleep, this time i didnt eat until hours ago. One more thing is ive been taking prescription doses of ibuprofen because i have costochondritis(i beleive, Ben having chest pain for 3 weeks and multiple er visits say its not heart related) and i have been feeling very nauseous from the pills.
When you awoke, did you have any sudden onset of dizzyness accompanied with chest pain?

Were you anxious at all, or stressed out? Sometimes when some people get air trapped in their stomach, it can cause palpitations sometimes because the air in your stomach can press on your vagus nerve. Other than that, the fact that you had a fast heart beat for five minutes could be because you were nervous when you woke up to a fast heartbeat.

Have you had any reaction to the ibuprofen?
Thanks for the reply. Well its hard to say ive been very dizzy constantly these past few days.

I have been stressed but the fact that i went from asleep to suddenly awake with a jolt of adrenaline and my heart pounding.  I was nervous but i spent most of the time taking deep breaths to slow my heart rate down which it did but it was still pretty high either way

Im just wondering if it could be heart failure or some kind of heart issue. The emergency rooms only do EKG, maybe some blood work and chest x ray..and i keep feeling random symptoms like shortness of breath for no reason, left leg feels like its swelling.  I really dont think its anxiety
Do you have any medical history of cardiac issues?

If you have been stressing, you'd be surprised what that can do to you, if stress and or anxiety is at palpable levels, you can cause yourself all sorts of weird or uncomfortable symptoms that can be mistaken as something else.

About your chest pain: What kind is it? Is the pain deep down, right in the middle? Is it a radiating pain? Or is the pain more localized, in one spot and not increasing with exertion? Chest pain is a fairly general term, so it can be several non-cardiac types of pain, could be from your sternum, ribs, muscles, or even a nerve or nerves, etc.

The EKG tells a lot, so if all the tests they ran came back normal then honestly, you are most likely just fine. You can always go back again, but if the test are saying you are okay, then that's the truth. Those tests don't lie. Perhaps you can talk with your GP about it and see what he or she may say.