Weaning off Coreg
Does anyone know of the schedule to wean of of Coreg and restart Tenormin?  I am on Coreg 50mg twice a day. How long before I start taking the Tenormin again?

Tony
You are taking a huge dosage of Coreg, and certainly I would follow your doctor's orders and only his orders.  
Thanks,   I mis-spoke in that I am take 25mg of the Coreg twice a day!  He has me dropping to 12.5 of the Coreg and 50mg of the Tenormin twice a day for 4 days and then 6.25 Coreg and 50 Tenormin twice a day for 4 days, and then only the Tenormin 50 to 75 twice a day depending on BP numbers.
Any one have any knowledge or thoughts about this?

BTW  I trust my Cardiologist but am nervous anytime I have to change meds!

Thanks,
Tony
Are you switching meds due to low blood pressure?  Be careful making this switch.  Coreg blocks more receptors.  Tenormin does not stay at constant levels throughout the day.  Tenormin peaks and then drops.  After being on our Tenormin, you may feel terrific and full of energy, but after 2 weeks the opposite can happen.  My mom went into heart failure and her left ventricle starting giving out after switching from Toprol XL to Tenormin (actually Atentol, Tenormin's generic).  The switch may have caused this or maybe it would have happened anyways.  What I do know is that she was full of energy and wanted to go bike riding and she was feeling terrific and then her left ventricle started shutting down and she did not survive after surgery.  Coreg and Tenormin are quite a change, so be careful and follow your doctors orders. If you experience extreme energy, hyperactivity, swollen legs seek medical attention.