Heart Disease Community
Weird heart related situation.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to angina, angioplasty, arrhythmia, bypass surgery, cardiomyopathy, coronary artery disease, defibrillator, heart attack, heart disease, mitral valve, pacemaker, PAD, stenosis, and stress tests.

Weird heart related situation.

Im a 19 year old male who has a father with a history of high blood pressure and an irregular heartbeat, and my mother has anxiety issues. So one night really late, I was sitting on the computer watching a video and I had this really weird feeling. It is almost impossible to explain but I guess it was like a dizzying feeling I got. I went to go to bed because I felt strange afterwards and I got this feeling again, so I checked my pulse and I couldn't get it for a second so it really scared me (stupid I know), but anyways, I decided to go to the hospital, because I couldn't sleep anways, mainly due to fear. They did all the regular tests and everything came back fine, but i'm not completely satisfied. They tell me it could be dehydration, but I know that's not it, and they send me on my way telling me to make an appointment with my family doctor. He said that it was most likely anxiety because I just found out my girlfriend was pregnant a few weeks prior, but now she had a misscarriage, ( :( ) and I still feel the same a few weeks after. The thing that's hard for me to explain is that it feels like I have feeling in parts of my body that I shouldn't like my ribs and about an inch deep in my chest. It feels kind of gassy, and now I can feel my heart beating 24/7 which I didn't notice before, and that makes it pretty hard to ignore. I don't know if i'm going crazy or what, but I just wonder what all it could be. I'm trying not to make another ER trip, and I have an appointment with my family doctor in 3-4 days, but I am pretty scared to be honest. I have this new found fear of dying that I never did before, and it makes it almost impossible for me to sleep. Thanks in advance for any help.  
One thing that I forgot to mention, but doesn't have any real relevance to the story is that my doctor did prescribe metoprolol, and xanax, the former being for the heart flutters that he suspected, and the latter for any time i'm having one the the situations that he said was most likely an anxiety attack. The thing that disturbs me the most though, is that my body always feels weird, and my heart races sometimes for no reason.