Heart Disease Community
Weird pain in center of back- posture? Gas? Heart?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to angina, angioplasty, arrhythmia, bypass surgery, cardiomyopathy, coronary artery disease, defibrillator, heart attack, heart disease, mitral valve, pacemaker, PAD, stenosis, and stress tests.

Hi, all. I'm wondering if you can help me with a recent feeling I'm having once in a while.

Some history: PVC's occur periodically. Family physician did EKG- normal but noted slightly shorter P-R interval. He sent me for an Echocardiogram which turned out normal. I was told it came back "rock solid". Then, several months later, I got scared with more PVC's and went back to family doc. To quell my fears and get second opinion, he sent me to a Cardiology practice where they did another EKG (normal) and went over my symptoms and other tests, bloodwork great, cholesterol numbers excellent, etc. and the Dr. told me the PVC's are common and in a normal heart, are not worrisome.

Now, after several more months of just accepting them, I just recently noticed an odd pain in my back when I lie on my side on the sofa. It starts out like a rather sharp pain in the center of my back, on the right side of my spine area and almost seems to radiate inward, like inside my body and thru to the front center of my chest. It's not quick to subside, but rather a gradual slowing until it goes away.

This happened on Friday afternoon at work, where I sit using a microscope for 8 hrs a day. I have been doing this type of work for 10 years. Could this pain be poor posture or actually my heart??? It's scary!

Any insight?
I know that now that I'm having bad PVCs my back is killing me, but it's because my posture is different, I'm tense and I'm sitting in different positions than I normally do.  If you're having PVCs that might be a part of it.  Since you've gotten a clean bill of health with your ticker I'd say it's your posture.  I won't say the "try not to worry" thing because I don't practice it.  ;)
I have palpitations and PVCs, and I have pain in the middle of my back (where my heart is but on the back side) almost every day.  The first few times, I thought I was having heart attack, but the pain was gone after a while, so I'm getting used to it now.  It's good to know I'm not alone.  I work at the computer every day, and now that you mention it, I wonder if it's posture also.
I get it too- but I have my whole life. No idea what it is. My PVC's started last week, so I don't think they have anything to do with one another.
I also have back pain behind where my heart is.  When I have it it feels like it starts at my back and then goes through my chest cavity.  It is more like a pain/soreness instead of sharp pains though.  It scares me too and causes me to have anxiety.  I feel like I can't breathe as well when this happens and wonder if it's my heart I'm having issues with or if it is anxiety related.  I take 2 aspirin when this happens and it does seem to go away after awhile.  Also I have noticed gas when this happens to as well as I do not have good posture.  I think it's hard to say.  Maybe is a combo of all of the above that causes such pain?
Soy sorda para que sepas ...sabe que hace 2 días...me empezó a sentir muy doloroso por el centro de mis bustos y de mi espalda en el mismo tiempo..como me da un golpe muy fuerte cada rato...! que es eso?? a veces no podía a dormir por este dolor, si respiro bien, nada de fiebre, es raro??? o es por la posición?