Heart Disease Expert Forum
What are 'normal' ranges for B/P and Pulse?

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

I have high blood pressure treated with Vasotec and Aldactone.  At my doctor's suggestion I monitor (and chart) my blood pressure and pulse rate twice a day and am curious about what is considered "normal".  Also what about pulse rate -- sometimes mine will be in the 60' and into the 80's at other times.  B/P from 117/65 to a high of 146/85.  I do take my machine to me to the dr's office to check accuracy as well.  Should B/P be taken after relaxing for a few minutes or not.  I don't always relax before taking the reading.  Any information will be most appreciated.  Thank you and have a wonderful holiday.
Dear PMill,

Normal resting blood pressure ranges from 80 to 130 for the Systolic (upper number) and 40-90 for Diastolic (lower number).  Numbers above this range generally require treatment.    Normal resting heart rate is 60 to 100 although some individuals may run a little higher or lower.   Blood pressure should be taken in the seated position after a minute  or two of rest.  I agree that it is an excellent idea to monitor your blood pressure at home and this will help with adjusting your medications.  Keep up the good work and stay away from the salty snacks over the holidays!
THEN IS THIS BAD 150\110?