Heart Disease Community
What are the risks if I live with only LAD?

A community of people with Heart Disease to guide and support your heart-health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, nutrition, and management.

. I had a cath three months ago. I got report of three totally occluded arteries.The right coronary artery is small and Curly.The LCX has many blocked areas so grafts are not possible.

- One of the surgeon in Egypt comment as follows:
First: He will bypass the LAD Only.
Second: It is high risky to bypass the LCX and RCA and it may lead to death.
- Other surgeons have the same point of view.
-Family history: Both of my father and my brother had an open heart surgery.
-No Diabetes. -Non smoker. age 39 years old.  -Eco Doppler (Ejection fraction 70%)
Is there any hospital do this kind of critical surgery according to high technology?What risks if I live with only LAD?
The small and curly RCA may have developed another blood supply to the area deficit of blood supply from a normal RCA....may requrie a bypass if a serious perfusion problem.

The LCX bifurgates with the LAD from the main artery.  Often this location cannot be stented, but I am not aware that there cannot be bypassed!. Nor have I ever read the two arteries (RCA and LCX) bypassed together presents a very high risk.

You have a strong heart as evidenced by 70% EF. Six years ago, I had an EF19 to 29% and that caused heart failure and today my heart is pumping normally.  I had/have totally blocked LAD (collateral vessels developed to provide a natural bypass.)  The RCA was 98% blocked and stented.  My LCX is/was 72% blocked...no stent.  Medication, exercise and diet improved my health.

The Cleveland Clinic accepts medical records (fax, etc.) and provides a diagnoses.  Also, the Mayo Clinic in Minnesota is well recognized health center as well.  Both have up-to- date technology and skill, acknowledge, and experienced heart surgeon.

Hope this helps.  Take care.
As a matter of interest, what are your symptoms and what is your quality of life like?
BloodPressure Tracker
Monitor Your Blood Pressure
HeartRhythm Tracker
Track your Heart Condition
H.R. 2393, Country of Origin Labeli...
15 hrs ago by gymdandee
Ease Anxiety With Food
15 hrs ago by gymdandee
Paxiled commented on Foods You’re Throwing...
Jun 30