Heart Disease Community
What are the risks if I live with only LAD?

Join others with Heart Disease and get guidance and support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

. I had a cath three months ago. I got report of three totally occluded arteries.The right coronary artery is small and Curly.The LCX has many blocked areas so grafts are not possible.

- One of the surgeon in Egypt comment as follows:
First: He will bypass the LAD Only.
Second: It is high risky to bypass the LCX and RCA and it may lead to death.
- Other surgeons have the same point of view.
-Family history: Both of my father and my brother had an open heart surgery.
-No Diabetes. -Non smoker. age 39 years old.  -Eco Doppler (Ejection fraction 70%)
Is there any hospital do this kind of critical surgery according to high technology?What risks if I live with only LAD?
The small and curly RCA may have developed another blood supply to the area deficit of blood supply from a normal RCA....may requrie a bypass if a serious perfusion problem.

The LCX bifurgates with the LAD from the main artery.  Often this location cannot be stented, but I am not aware that there cannot be bypassed!. Nor have I ever read the two arteries (RCA and LCX) bypassed together presents a very high risk.

You have a strong heart as evidenced by 70% EF. Six years ago, I had an EF19 to 29% and that caused heart failure and today my heart is pumping normally.  I had/have totally blocked LAD (collateral vessels developed to provide a natural bypass.)  The RCA was 98% blocked and stented.  My LCX is/was 72% blocked...no stent.  Medication, exercise and diet improved my health.

The Cleveland Clinic accepts medical records (fax, etc.) and provides a diagnoses.  Also, the Mayo Clinic in Minnesota is well recognized health center as well.  Both have up-to- date technology and skill, acknowledge, and experienced heart surgeon.

Hope this helps.  Take care.
As a matter of interest, what are your symptoms and what is your quality of life like?