What causes mitral valve thickening and sclerosis
I have recently been diagnosed with mitral valve sclerosis and thickening as well as the MVP.  A year and a half ago, I only had mitral valve prolapse and regurgitation. I am very concerned about this because that is a lot of damage in such a short amount of time and I am very symptomatic.  The last time I saw the cardiologist he said MVP is normal and I shouldn't have anything to worry about for at least 10 years.  Additionally, my PCP doctor never contacted me about the recent diagnosis and I ended up getting my own records from the ECG office.  Should I be concerned about this?  Do I need a cardiologist?  I have numerous lupus symptoms and recently as had been diagnosed with kidney disease.  My doctors seem to blow off most of my diagnoses and symptoms and this is the latest one that concerns me.  Should I discuss the diagnosis with my nephrologist?  Will the kidney problems play a part in this?

I feel left in the dark with this.  I never heard of it, there is little information available and I don't know how to proceed with the matter.  Any information someone could offer would be appreciated.  Thank you. - Kristin
What are the cause sclerosis in the heart