What exactly is Diastolic Dysfunction and can it cause arrhythmia?
What exactly is Diastolic Dysfunction and can it contribute to  certain heart arrhythmias?
"The heart contracts and relaxes with each heartbeat. The contraction part of this cycle is called systole (SIS'to-le). The relaxation portion is called diastole (di-AS'to-le).
In some people with heart failure, the contraction function is normal but there's impaired relaxation of the heart. This affects the heart's lower, pumping chambers (the ventricles) specifically. If the relaxation part of the cycle is abnormal, it's called diastolic (di"as-TOL'ik) dysfunction. Because the ventricle doesn't relax normally, the pressure in it increases and exceeds what's normal as blood for the next heartbeat. (It's harder for all of the blood to go into the ventricle.)"

I copied this in a search I did for you.  Hope this helps.  And I thought you might like to read this post from a few years back.  

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Heart-Rhythm/Palpitations-Echo-Report/show/311888

Take care fellow Texan, Ally

Thanks, Ally for the post.  I think that already garners best answer.  I just got an ablation and I'm having the same issues I was having pre-ablation and I think my DD has something to do with it.  I'll certainly read the older post as well. Thanks for referring me to it.