What is "Right Coronary Cusp" and its location in the heart?
On May 14, 2008 I had an Echocardiography. The test results show:  “Heavy Calcification of the right coronary cusp; Eccentric mild regurgitation. (Peak flow velocity 2.7m/s. Peak gradient 29 mmHg.  Mean gradient 16 mmHg.) I asked the cardiologist about this comment on the printout of the results. He told me don’t worry about it, come back and get another Echocardiography next year. I can’t find anything on the internet of Calcification of the right coronary cusp. What should I do?  Phil
   The aortic valve has three leaflets, each having a cusp or cup-like configuration. These are known as the left coronary (LC), right coronary (RC) and the posterior non-coronary (NC) cusps. The latter is called a non-coronary cusp because a coronary artery artery does not commonly originate from this cusp. The left coronary artery arises from the left coronary cusp and the the right coronary artery arises from the right coronary cusp.
There is calcification at the right corornary cusp that causes some impedance to blood flow and increased pressures and mild leakage of the aorta valve that has significance to blood flow velocity and gradient indicates the difference (increasing or decreasing) of the change calibration going forward.
Thank you so much for the info..
The first cardiologist told me I was in perfect health, heart wise until I got the report that I had to request. I went back to see this doctor, but he was not available. I asked to see another doctor who didn’t really have time for me. He told me we need to monitor it and to come back next year. I did not feel comfortable with that so I made another appointment with another cardiologist in another location for July 15th . This time I made a list of a dozen questions to present to him. I’ve been doing some research on the net to educated myself. I will bring the old echocardiography report with me so the new cardiologist could give me a detail report and maybe more tests.  Thank you again Phil