Heart Disease Expert Forum
What is a normal pulse rate ?

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

What is a normal pulse rate ?

I'm a 35yr old man and I'm wondering whether I should be concerned about my pulse rate. It is consistently in the high 80's to mid 90's at rest. I'm a light smoker, about 10lbs overweight and have a terrible diet. I know I have to correct my diet, quit smoking and exercise more but is my pulse rate a concern in and of itself ? Thanks in advance.
No - that is still within the range considered normal.
What is the range that is considered normal for a sixty year old man?  Resting? Moving about?  Resting my pulse rate is 75-80, but as soon as I stand up and move about it shoots up to 95-107. I am on Tarka 2mg/240mg and it keeps my blood pressure at about 120/135 over 75/84.

Your blood pressure is in the normal range. Your resting pulse is normal (under 100 is OK). Your pulse with standing and moving is a bit higher than normal.
I'm 25 and I've smoked a pack a day for about 8 years.  I recently had what I think was a panic attack.  My pulse rate was over 100 while I was at rest and it lasted for a few hours.  The ER folks told me to just try and relax.  I'm concerned though because I've noticed that over the past several months my pulse is always in the upper 80s to 90s.  I'm 5'7 and 125lbs w/ good blood pressure.  Should I be so worried?
I am concerned my 13yr old niece is taking cardio in gym her pulse rate at rest is around 100.  She is 5'6"  and about 180 pounds.  Is this normal?
I was diagnose with a very mild mitral and tricuspid insufficiency in 1994.  My doctor told me not to worry as it
if very common in people over40. I am 55 years old and have notice my heart rate has gone up the last couple years from
78-80 to around 100-105.  I walk two miles everyday and notice
getting outof breath easily.  Should I worry about the high
heart beat.
Dear members/doctors,

I'm 15 years old, in great shape on the outside, and anyway.. for a few months I've done heavy exercise in my school for atleast 1-3 hours total at about 4 times a week.  I also skateboard a few days a week for about 2-3 hours at about six days a week. I run in school as well. My pulse rate is often in the upper 80's and lower 90's still.  To throw in an idea for the cause, my doctor said I have some kind of heart condition where when I breathe in it presses on my nerves and makes my heart-rate speed up and slow down (but he said is was non-serious and common for kids my age).  Often it feels like my pulse is going too fast for someone sitting down, as my pulse other times resting is about upper 70's to lower 80's.  I have mainly two questions.  Why does my pulse rate change as it does?  Why is my pulse rate still so high if I exercise and am athletic.   I'm worried and will rest easier once someone helps me out with this.  I can be reached via email at: ***@****.  I would apreciate it if someone got back to me a.s.a.p.
My pulse rate has been 93-101.  I am pregnant and my blood pressure has fluxtuated high and back to normal.  but my pulse is always high.  I am 34 years old and 5'2" tall, normal weight is 110 lbs.  I am now 131 and 7mos. pregnant.  My regular doctor saw me for my annual visit yesterday and told me that my pulse was high and he was wondering why my heart is beating so fast.  He said to get checked after the baby is born.  Do you know of any heart disease that affects just your pulse like that?
I AM 82 YEARS YOUNG. MY PULSE RATE IS AROUND SIXTY SPM.I'M ON HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE MEDICATION.IS THIS NORMAL
Should I be concerned if my pulse rate is 95.  I am 26 yrs old, 5'10" and 170lbs.
How concern should one be when he/she experiences heavy breathing.  If I ran just even less than a block like running to catch the bus, I experience this deep heavy breathing and I realy get concerned. Is this a sign of heart problem?
my dad is 40 and he smokes my friends mom is 37 and she does not smoke would there pulse rates be diferent?
  thanks email me the answer please ,britnie
***@****
I have the totally opposite problem - I'm concerned that my blood pressure and pulse are too low.  My blood pressure ranges from 99/69 to 82/48, and my pulse this morning after I got up was 48.  After exercise it is between 60 and 69.  In fact 69 is the highest reading I have ever had.

There are times when I'm a bit dizzy and sickly.  Can this be because of my low blood pressure?  If so, what can I do to raise it, apart from get regular exercise?

Any assistance you can give me would be appreciated.
To Hillary my daughter has low blood pressure and her doctor told her to eat more salt in her foods to help with dizziness...
I am a 49 yr.old female who is 4'11 and 1/2 inches tall and I weight 123 pounds.  I exercise approx. 3 days a week for 30 minutes on a nordik track.  My resting heart rate is 96.  Is this a concern?
about a week ago I went to the doctor because I had chest pains around where MY HEART WAS but he said it had to do with the chest wall so I went home with pain still but even though the pain had got lighter it came back and my normal pulse used to be 78 beats resting now it's at 88 when I am just sitting and it has not gone down for 2 days I am only 18 years old and I don't want to have any heart problems so I have been walking almost every where I go so I can bring it back down but nothing is helping it just keeps getting faster every day does any one else have this problem or am ok
Thank you so much in advance

p.s.

the doctor said that the chest pain was just costochrondritis

(I hope I spelled  it right)  it's a swelling of the chest wall from lifting something that was too heavy
my pulse rate in the morning is around 55.  blood pressure is
around 105/65.  I take a blood pressure pill in the morning
At night my reading is around 130/70 pulse 65.  I am 5 foot
9 inches and weight 180. How is my readings compared to what
they should be.
I am a 40 year old diabetic woman who just underwent a series of test for chest pains.  I was told I have small vessel coronary disease and dysautonomia.  My blood pressure is usually around 120/88 and my pulse is usually 107+.  Yesterday at rest my pulse rate was 118.  Is this someting to be concerned about?
I am also and 18 yr old (female).  I was diagnosed with Mitral Valve Prolapse and COSTOCHRONDRITIS.  Costochrondritis is a very annoying pain, I get it especially when I am driving because I use my left hand over the wheel and it pulls on my chest, then it gets all inflamed and all that good stuff.  My Mitral Valve Prolapse only really causes palpitations but the costo is painful.  My doc told me to take Advil 3 times a day for 10 days straight, is that all it takes, Advil...?
Thanks soooo much...
I have high blood pressure and am on Attenolol 50mg qd  at my last appt my blood pressure was 130/108 with a pulse rate of 50 and my doctor said my pulse was very faint.... what can you tell me. is it common to have high blood pressure and a low pulse rate??
A related discussion, Enlarged heart was started.
A related discussion, low pulse rates was started.
A related discussion, pulse rate was started.
A related discussion, my puluse  was 101 was started.
A related discussion, Drug induced elevated pulse permanent? was started.
A related discussion, Pulse always High was started.
A related discussion, pulse rate over 88 was started.
A related discussion, Normal at rest, average and maximum heart rate. was started.
yeah hi um about 2 weeks ago I had a panic attack and since then I haven't felt the same. I've recently noticed an irregular heartbeat and skipped beats and I feel a little weak. I just want to know if I'm crazy or if I'm going to die or something. oh and sometimes I feel as though my heart stopped so i hit my chest 2 or 3 times. is this just anxiety? it's really scaring me and I haven't gotten a good nights sleep in a week or so due to being scared