Heart Disease Expert Forum
What is going on with me?

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

What is going on with me?

I am young in my late 20's, and slightly overweight, maybe about 30 lbs or so. My father, has always been about 145lbs, height about 5'6, very little man, yet he has had to have a tripple by-pass, and has had three stents put in, he has very poor veins, it comes from my grandmothers side of the family. My issue is, when I wake wake up after sleeping throughout the night, my arms always feel real heavy, like they have been asleep. The right side of my body seems to always hurt as if, not enough circulation is getting through. But here is my issue, I went to a local emergency room, and told them my symptoms, and my family history, they proceeded to tell me it was nothing, I was too young to have any serious heart problems, and that when I sleep, I just probably sleep in a irregular position. That was two years ago, and still every day, I feel as though my right side has little circulation. It is getting worse, the right side of my neck is very tender. What is going on with me, and how can I get it fixed if people aren't willing to take me seriously!
1 Comment
I tend to agree with the assessment of the ER. Your heart is not stressed when you sleep, and any coronary artery disease you have is not likely to manifest itself at those times. Lack of circulation is not usually manifested by tenderness on the skin: rather it usually shows itself with pain, deep and throbbing, but usually with exertion. Do you ever have any chest pain or pressure? If not then this is likely form the effects of de-conditioning and of being overweight. You need to enroll in a daily aerobic exercise routine, and perform daily restrictive caloric intake, to get to your ideal body weight.