Heart Disease Community
What is going on with me

Join others with Heart Disease and get guidance and support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

What is going on with me

I am a 49 year old female, 5'5'' and only weigh 119 lbs, lightly active.  Just lost my mother to cancer Oct 7,2010.  About a week after her death, I had a pain under my left breast bone.  Saw a cardiologist and had Nuclear Stress Test done.  Also Echo, EKG, Holtor Monitor and Heart Cath.  EKG, ECHO showed everything normal size flow, function, etc., stress test revealed mild ischemia on the left side. Heart cath done Nov. 18th showed ejection fraction at 65%. revealed severe myocardial bridge involving the mid LAD. No evidence for any obstructive atherosclerotic Coronary artery disease on angiogram.  He thinks it is stress related.

Dr.said I was slightly dehydrated and told me to increase my salt.  I did, and felt better for a short time, but now feel worse.  I clear my throat constantly, and spit up white mucus sometimes.  Last night I noticed that my  upper extremities appear a little puffy, but can't really tell if my lower extremities are like that too.
Yesterday, I got up and felt pretty good, so I did some sweeping in the house and then went for a walk for about an hour.  I think I walked over a 1 1/2 miles.  Came home took my blood pressure at 3:35pm and it was 103/73 hr 110.  Waited 10 min and took it again.  It was 91/67 hr 97, continued taking it every 15 to 20 min and it ranged from 87/64 hr 75, to 125/88 hr 88.  Dr. was very concerned about getting my heart rate down.  He put me on Metoprolol 25 mg which he said at my follow up that I could half if it made my blood pressure go down too much.  I started on half doses, and did pretty good for a while, but I am starting to feel palps and pressure below my chest.  With everything seemingly checking out, what could my problem be.  He said that my heart was beating so fast, it could not pump enough blood into my heart and that the medication would help with that.

Please advise if I should get 2nd opinion or go back with new symptoms.

Thanks QueenB49

You probably has not realized, but this the thirth post that you make with same differences between then ... In another one you wrote "but at follow up told me I could half it due to low blood pressure along with lowering heart rate."

If he drop your doses because the HR was low and now is still high, the logical step is to go back to the dr.

Jesus
"stress test revealed mild ischemia on the left side"
"revealed severe myocardial bridge involving the mid LAD"
"He thinks it is stress related"

Reading those three comments, I would change Doctors. A 'severe' myocardial bridge is going to squash the vessel and stop blood flow.
What is going on with me ? Having dizzy spells, trouble swallowing, blood pressure is 103/73, heart rate is 135 along with headaches