Heart Disease Community
What is the recovery time after having cryo ablation

Join others with Heart Disease and get guidance and support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

My son is having the surgery on Thursday of this week, and of course he is upset because that is the day before 4th of July!  He is 18 and had plans for the holiday, and thinks he can still attend them.  Can someone please tell me what the recovery time is for a cryo ablation?  I want him to be aware of it and understand.  He thinks that all he needs to worry about after this is just that he can't lift anything heavy for 3-5 days.  I am sure there is more restrictions than that...  But the doctor didn't really tell us yet.  
I don't know if it's different for cryo ablation, but I've had two RF ablations.  The first few days, his groin and/or catheter entry entry sites may be sore and swollen.  He really should plan to rest for a few days to be sure the wounds heal well.  Perhaps his friends could join him at home to celebrate the holiday.  He really may feel worn out and tired, and being around the house may be the perfect solution to celebrating as he recuperates.
Avatar n tn
Can you tell me where your son got the cryoablation - we were looking for someone in the northeast,,,,,,,,,,,,,,KMS12