Heart Disease Expert Forum
What is?

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

What is?
My son who is in his Late 20's,he was born with a murmur,later on it got worse.Then he was diagnosed with severe aortic stenosis,they removed his main aortic valve and replaced it with his pulmonary valve,then replaced his pulmonary with a human valve.He went back to the Dr. today they are telling him he has a aortic root valve enlargement,he will go back Tues for more test.Please tell me what to expect.I am asking what does this mean for example,surgery or what.
Patients with congenital aortic stenosis, such as what you son had, are also at an increased risk for aortic root dilation.  The two conditions often go together because they are linked to an abnormality in the proteins that make up valves and arterial walls.  When the aortic root begins to dilate, it is extremely important to follow it very closely with imaging to assess its size.  If greater than 5 - 6 cm one will need aortic root surgery.  Allowing it to expand past 5 - 6 cm increases the risk of aortic root aneurysm rupture.