Heart Disease Expert Forum
What might the options be?
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

What might the options be?

I am a 40 year old male, five-six, approximately 160 lbs.

In the past week, I have been diagnosed with Congestive Heart Failure, Atrial Fibrillation, experienced a myocardial infarction, and then diagnosed with cardiomyopathy (left ventricle).

I am presently on the following medications: Digoxin (250 mcg), Furosemide (20 mg), Zestril (5 mg) and Warfarin Sodium (2 mg).

None of my doctors have discussed any sort of prognosis or long-term treatment plan outside of the medications; attempts to get me into normal sinus rhythm have failed.

What is normal treatment and what might be the protocol for the future?

Thank you,

James Eric Payne
Livermore, CA