When do you go to the Hospital for high blood pressure
When should a person go to the ER for high blood pressure. I've been having a pounding head ache, face has been flushed, etc for over three days. I used to have to take high blood pressure medicine but I was running, loosing weight and my need for the medication was done. I've recently gained weight and haven't run in about 3 months. My blood pressure is 150 over 95. When do I just wait to go see my regular doctor and when do I go to the ER?
When blood pressure reaches (bottom number) over 100, there is a possibility of having a stroke.  If your head is pounding, I am wondering if the blood pressure is actually higher than what you are getting on the reading.  When my husband's blood pressure was 157/100, he had to go to bed and rest per nurses orders until he could be seen by the doctor.    
i have to take blood pressure medication daily - i take at least three different types. i take atenolol (100 mg) and norvasc ( 5 mg) in the morning and clonodine (.4 mg) three times daily. my doctors have told me that if my bottom number reaches 100 to go to er, i also have nitroglycerin to take when my heart feels "funky". you start out with 1 pill; wait 5 minutes, if not better then take another one; wait 5 minutes take another one and call 911. hope this helps. PS if you take clonodine on a regular basis DO NOT MISS DOSAGE. i ran out and thought that it (like most meds) built up in your system. NOT. i ended up having a grand mal seizure, spent time in icu and now have to take seizure medication twice daily. BE CAREFUL.