Heart Disease Community
When my husband died the doctor said Comindin caused it

Join others with Heart Disease and get guidance and support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Can Comindin cause a stroke?
I dont about that particular med but wanted to offer my sympathies for your loss.

A suggestion is to ask on the expert heart disease forum if you don't find the answer here; sometimes you have to try and post at different times of the day because there is a limited amount of questions allowed there
Stroke might refer to a blockade in some of the brain arteries (ischemic stroke) or to a bleeding of those arteries (hemorrhagic strokes).

I think that Coumadin, being an anti coagulant, may cause strokes of the second type, in particular if associated with high BP.

From the RXLIST:

"Potential adverse reactions to COUMADIN may include:  Fatal or nonfatal hemorrhage from any tissue or organ. This is a consequence of the anticoagulant effect."

Jesus
I agree with jrbon regarding the risk associated with coumadin and the drug effects require frequent testing. It may be recommended for a long-term basis to patients who have experienced recurrent inappropriate blood clotting. This includes those who have had heart attacks, strokes, and deep vein blood clots...Sometimes aon a short term basis for surgery patients. If your husband didn't have the condition warranted, he may not have been a very good candidate for the drug.

The risk is a risk/benefit to evaluate and that would hemorrhage vs.stroke. So to help avoid unnecessary risk there is the ANR test!  Sorry to hear of your loss.  Take care and I wish you well going foward, and thanks for sharing..

Ken.  

Correction hemorrhage vs. clot.