When to operate on AA
I am a 57 year old female and I was just diagnosed with bicuspid aortic valve, moderate aortic insufficiency and 4.7cm aortic aneurysm. I am 5'9. I find it very confusing about when is the appropriate time to operate. They have me on losarten, dyazide and atenolol but I get drastic highs and lows still with my blood pressure. Any ideas?
Oh and I forgot my ejection fraction went down to 55, would that be due to the valve?
Often it is not so much the diameter itself but more the rate that the aneurysm grows that decides the moment of operation.
The moment of operation is also decided by the insufficiency of the aortic valve and how the heart reacts (compensates) on it.
Of course an important factor is how you feel.
All these factors are taken into account by your doctor to decide the moment of operation.

The position of the aneurysm is important. A diameter of 4,7cm at the root of the aorta is often called an aorta dilatation instead of an aneurysm. (aneurysm is >5cm)
Abdominal aortic aneurysm is called so when the diameter is >3cm.
An EF of 55% is within the normal range.