Heart Disease Community
Why am i still feeling the pain ?

A community of people with Heart Disease to guide and support your heart-health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, nutrition, and management.

Why am i still feeling the pain ?

I recently have had an Coronary Angioplasty stent put in
I am still having frequent chest pain and wanted to know
why this is Occurring ? I also had a treadmill test done after
the stent was put in and it came up positive after 2 and
a half minutes Only managed 4 and a half minutes in total.
During this my E.C.G showed several changes.
I was wondering if you could help me understand this more ?
My boyfriend just went through the same thing he had a massive heart attack and they went in a put a stent in and in less than a month he was having chest pains again and they ended up having to go back in and put another stent in because they missed one that was 90% blocked so you might want to have your doctor see if that could be the case because he was released from the hospital on a Monday after the first stent and Wednesday we were back in the ER for chest pain again they told it was nothing to worry about everything was normal and then in 2 weeks he was back in with more chest pain thats when they discovered that they had missed something the first time.
thanks
Sorry but i have not been back for a time,not sure if my comments might help someone,but when you have heart attack and a stent is fitted you do not receive a great deal of info from your doctors.
i did have a lot of pain after and when you explain this to doctors they look at you like you are making it up. but  i am happy to say  the pain does calm down,but you must remember that things will not be the same and you will get days when you feel like crap,the tablets you take will all have side effects over time but you are still alive.
i hope this helps someone as i found this site to be helpful after mine,just remember if you feel pain it must be there.
cheers
I just had 3 stents and still having chest discomfort and pain on a thread mill.When I explain to the doctor, he says it pscholgy but this is really bothering me