Heart Disease Expert Forum
Why do I still have complications from Pericarditis?
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Why do I still have complications from Pericarditis?

I would like to know why my previous questions in my previous post (Re: Pericarditis complications)was not answered sepcificly or directly?  Can any one from the cardiology department answer me please?  I would appreciate you help.
  Sincerely,
  Saeed

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Saeed
Actually, the previous doctor gave you very thorough answers.
If you are worried about fibrosis of the pericardium, I think you are referring to constrictive pericarditis. The best test to evaluate for that condition is an echocardiogram. Sometimes a cardiac MRI or cardiac catheterization can add useful information. The diagnosis can be difficult to make. IF in fact you do have constrictive pericarditis, the treatment would be surgery - a pericardial stripping. It is unusual to have constrictive pericarditis without a prior history of heart surgery, irradiation, or tuberculosis.
I hope this is useful. Feel free to write back with further questions. Good luck.
Information provided here is of a general nature. Specific diagnoses and treatments can only be made by your doctor. If you would like to be seen at the Cleveland Clinic, please call 1-800-CCF-CARE for an appointment with a cardiologist at Desk F15.