Heart Disease Expert Forum
Why does my heart feel like its beating outside of my chest?

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Three weeks ago I had a hysterectomy.  I had been bleeding (vaginally) heavy for 4 months.  4 days before surgery I was given a blood transfusion (2 units).  The reason I went to the ER on the day of the transfusion was because I could not get my heart to stop beating so hard.  I walked up a flight of stairs.  I felt the blood drain from my face.  The EKG showed my heart was working to hard.  My question is that now after 3 weeks It is still beating to hard when I walk up the steps.  I realize that I am still healing from the surgery.  Also, I tore my incision open and now it has to heal as an open wound.  Am I being impatient?  I have also had 3 C-Sections But I felt much better then, at this time than I do now.  Is it something to worry about?  Or should I give it more time?  Thank you for your response.    Donna
Perhaps you are anemic.  I would ask your doctor to check a blood level.  You may benefit from iron supplementation.  It is also possible you are just deconditioned from everything you have gone through.
A related discussion, pains sharp come and go around my heart was started.