Heart Disease Expert Forum
Why does my heart feel like its beating outside of my chest?
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Why does my heart feel like its beating outside of my chest?

Three weeks ago I had a hysterectomy.  I had been bleeding (vaginally) heavy for 4 months.  4 days before surgery I was given a blood transfusion (2 units).  The reason I went to the ER on the day of the transfusion was because I could not get my heart to stop beating so hard.  I walked up a flight of stairs.  I felt the blood drain from my face.  The EKG showed my heart was working to hard.  My question is that now after 3 weeks It is still beating to hard when I walk up the steps.  I realize that I am still healing from the surgery.  Also, I tore my incision open and now it has to heal as an open wound.  Am I being impatient?  I have also had 3 C-Sections But I felt much better then, at this time than I do now.  Is it something to worry about?  Or should I give it more time?  Thank you for your response.    Donna