Heart Disease Community
Why this pinching sensation IN MY HEART?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to angina, angioplasty, arrhythmia, bypass surgery, cardiomyopathy, coronary artery disease, defibrillator, heart attack, heart disease, mitral valve, pacemaker, PAD, stenosis, and stress tests.

About me
I have posted in this forum before....thanks for your replies...much appreciated...
links:
1. http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Heart-Disease/heart-problem/show/348475?personal_page_id=117760
2.http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Heart-Rhythm/abnormal-heart-/show/322399?personal_page_id=117760

Here I am after 5 years!
Yet with the same problem...
I am 24 years old going on 25 this year....
I am male i do not smoke more than my brother who is 30 years old and I think he is in good health.
I drink occasionally , beer on fridays and saturdays.
Other than what i feel in my heart i appear to be a very healthy guy. I work as an auditor in a "Big-four" firm... And i can handle my engagements very well although there is some heavy workloads at times.

The difference between me and my brother:
I am the serious type.
People have tagged me "Mr serious"
My brother is being tagged as "Mr Jovial".
Yet i have a very beautiful life.... a beautiful and loving girlfriend and my in laws are just as great as my own family...

WHat bothers me:

Since february 2007 I experience something really freaky that i bet don't happen to anybody else!
Sometimes it feels like a light "finger touch to my heart". Like if someone touches my heart - literally. imagine the feeling. if you coud put your hand inside my chest without hearting me and touch my heart... its the same feeling. but it only last 1 second.
It's as if accompanied by the heart beat.

*LUB-pinched-DUB*

Just before posting this question i was lying down on my bed. I slept on the left side of my body, and like forced myself to relax, and there it goes. pinching sensation in the heart again.

soemtimes it's mild and sometimes its quite hard. I think it depends on the way my heart beats.
if it beats quite hard like "pounding" , if the pinching occurs, i feel it harder....

I have been to 3 different cardiologist.

3 times EKG. all tests normal

1 time ecocardiogram. nothing unusual found.
valves normal

But i know something is not right with me.
Why me?

It really scares me :(
Every day i feel this...

only very rarely i can go on without noticing it... maybe 3 or 4 weeks per year i dont feel it.

but 48 weeks / 52 .... it really bothers me sometimes.

it come and goes every day... toda i felt it 2 times....

when it occured the first time i would feel it more....

More info: I also feel muscle twitching in my calves on a regular basis....since 6- 7 years. ITS THE SAME FEELING IN MY HEART. But given that the heart is a very sensitive muscle, the sensation really freaks me out.
My BP tends to be higher than normal most of the time it is 14/80.
I don't know what it is but can tell you I get that pinching thing in between , right in the middle of my chest.. mine is mild, but still annoying.. It has happened several times but not for a few weeks now.. It also scares me.  I also have PVC'S... and I am short of breath off and on too.  So they are sending me for more tests.. good luck, if you find out what it is let me know..  maybe someone else will help us out here..
What I love about EKG's is that most people go in with a concern, have the examination, and are then told there is nothing wrong. The patient goes home and experiences more issues. The problem is, many issues don't occur for the patient when they are having the test done. With technology today, it's a shame there isn't something we can slap on our chest, connect it to a pc and email the results to a central body somewhere where a computer can filter out the problem cases and email the normal results back as all clear. In 2006 I had several ECG's, echos etc and all were normal. In 2007 I had a heart attack. IN your case, to be certain there isn't anything happening with your heart, I would ask to wear a holter monitor, but for more than 24 hours. Insist you can wear it for a few days. When you feel the odd sensations, make a note of the date and time to make sure they look at the recording in the right place.
These tests are ok for some things, but you could even have artery spasms. If your coronary artery has a spasm, it's not likely it will happen during an echo or ECG. I would start with the electrical system of the heart though and see if anything is spotted.
Oh and I sincerely hope your BP isn't 14/80 :)  I hope you mean 140/80
I agree with you for the EKG.... its really disappointing.
But i did an echo too... Doctor wrote a report which reads
" No heart failure, Valves normal.
Borderline hypertension"

When im STRESSED and Extremely Anxious this happens harder.
WHen I am happy , when i am having fun... i barely notice anything wrong with me...

but sometimes even if i am "normal" (well I can say normal, it depends on my perception of being normal.. its does not necessarily means I am fine... maybe the way my brain fucntions is different.. perhaps i can feel normal bu t my brain knows there's something wrong.... u know what i mean... and in its complex system the brain sends negative signals to my body... and this runs in stealth mode to my outer sensory/ perception system) and as this PVC thing happens my brain automatically instruct my senses to absorb ALL of the shock ... and to emphasize on this PVC boom feeling and make me aware of it like no one else would feel it.... :s i know we are a complicated system but here is how i see my overlycomplex system *confused*
yes its 140/80.. :)
It's as I said, unless you have an episode during a test, it won't be seen. Wearing a holter monitor as you have an episode will tell a cardiologist if it's heart related. In case you don't know what a holter monitor is....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holter_monitor
Ok ed, thanks so much for your response..
Assuming that its PVC... If I had other underlying heart issues , wouldnt it be caught on the Echo?
Just a thought.
So if nothing wrong was identified on the echo then  it can be PVC.
I will go for the holter... will try for 24 hours. I think i will buy one from ebay.
Helo, sorry to hear that u have similar symptoms... do let me know the outcomes of the tests.
cheerz.
Hope it is nothing serious.... and hope it is the case for me as well.
I all of us experiencing these symptoms on this forum should meet..... :(
we are thousands.......
An echo would have caught any structural issues with your heart. At your age with a normal echo,  the chance of any blocked arteries are pretty slim. If you want to keep it that way, stay away from smoking.

Jon
I GET THAT FEELING TOO. NEVER WENT FOR EKG BECAUSE I KNEW MY HEART WAS FINE. I WOULD EXERCISE AND WALK UP STAIRS AND WOULDN'T GET ANY PINCHING SENSATIONS. ONLY WHEN IM TRYING TO SLEEP I GET THEM. I THINK NYQUIL ONCE IN A WHILE BEFORE BED. KNOCKS ME THE HELL OUT AND I SLEEP LIKE A BABY WITH NO PROBLEMS. JUST MAKE SURE UR REALLY EXHAUSTED BEFORE BED. U WILL KNOCK OUT QUICKLY AND WILL SLEEP THROUGH THE WHOLE NIGHT PEACEFULLY.
I have CAD and I get that pinching feeling when I'm sleep or when I wake in the morning. I'm so sad and hope I'm not dying slowly