Heart Disease Expert Forum
Will not se Dr for 4 months

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Will not se Dr for 4 months

Left ventricle
Chamber size is normal.  Mild leftr ventricular hypetrophy is observed..  LV diastolic filling pattern is consistent with pseudonormalization.
Left atrium
Right atrium  Th right atrial cavity size i midly dilated
Aortic valve
The aortic valve is trileaflet.  Moderate aortic cusp sclerosis is present.  The aortic peack velocity is 2.12m/sec.  Mild aortic regurgitation is present.
Mitral valve
The mitral Valve leaflets are midly thickened.  The is moderate mitral reguration observed.
Tricuspid valve
There is mild to moderate tricuspid regurgitation.  The right vewntricular systolic pressure is calculated at 39 mmHg.
Pulmonic valve
Trace regurgitation present
Can any one tell me in laymans terms what is going on?  After my echo I had a nuclear stress test and it had to be stopped I wen into afib.  Dr put me on rx med and said I will see you in 4 months.
You have evidence of what cardiologist call diastolic dysfunction.  This is typically related to conditions such as high blood pressure, diabetes, coronary artery or aortic stenosis, however, may also occur with aging and with infiltrative diseases such as amyloidosis, etc.  If you do have high blood pressure, you must control it.  If there is no high blood pressure than you should have a thorough workup evaluating for those other conditions I mentioned.  You have evidence of aortic sclerosis, not stenosis, but if the tech did not get a good pressure tracing, or the valve was not well visualized, the aortic stenosis may be missed.  The fact that you have atrial fibrillation also supports the diagnosis of diastolic dysfunction.  Typical therapy for this, depending on your symptoms, consists of control of the underlying conditions (high blood pressure, Diabetes, coronary artery disease), and initiation of beta blockers for heart rate control, diuretics such as lasix if there is fluid overload and medications called ace inhibitors to prevent further remodeling (progression) of the disease.  
I am wondering what are your symptoms....and is all that information from your ECHO report?
I get tired and feel like I am not getting enough air. When I move around a lot I cannot seem to catch my breath and exercising is out.  I have had to stop water walking because of breathing problems.  I went to a pulmonary Dr and he wanted a heart cath done to rule out pph but since I have a cardiologist he must be the one to do it and they do not agree.  I had rheumatic fever when I was 12 (57 now) .  Yes I copied the info from the ECHO report that was sent to me.  The afib I experienced while doing the nuclear stress test lasted from 9am to 3:30pm.
what rx did they give you?