Heart Disease Expert Forum
Winded after walking normal speed

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

Winded after walking normal speed
I was in a/f for five months, Amiodarone, plus atenolol plus coumadin are keeping me feeling very well, I!m a very active 71 year old slim, good eating habits etc, I have a p/m/v which is o.k. at this time , I have a thalium stress test every year, no blockage. What I would like to know , I could work round the clock but to walk through the malls, large lots, or around the block I feel winded but not short of breath, feels like when you were a little kid you ran as fast as you could go then had to stop..This has been for the last fifteen years, traveling, sight seeing a town, long walk at the airport, This takes up to four hours to wear off and feel stable
It could be that your heart rate response to exercise is exaggerated with the afib and that more medications to lower your rate would help. Alternatively, it could be that you are on too much medication, keeping your normal heart rate from increasing as it should with exercise. Finally, if this problem preceded your afib, it might be that you have some degree of heart failure.