Heart Disease Community
Woke up to severe chest pain

Join others with Heart Disease and get guidance and support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Woke up to severe chest pain

I woke up out of nowhere with severe chest pain in the middle of my chest, like a really bad cramping, was hard to breathe I took some pain meds (Oxycodone 10mg x 2, and an Ativan 2 mg under my tongue and it subsided after about an hour and I was finally able to go back to sleep.  Anyone have any idea what it could be?
I am in no way a doctor, but a heart patient and went to school for EKG Tech (reading heart monitors & such). Are u a previous cardiac patient of any sort or just a person having newly founded chest pain and concerned?
iF IT IS IN THE MIDDLE OF CHEST AND THERE IS ANY CHEST AIN IT SHOULD NOT BE TAKEN LIGHTLY RADIATING TO YOUR BACK IT COULD E GALL STONES TOO, IT IS LIKE A HEART ATTACK REALLY BAD FIRST MAKE SURE YOUR HEART IS  OK, EVEN INDIGESTION COULD CAUSE THIS MIDDLE OF CHEST ISUUE MY HUSBAND HAD IT GAVE SOME MILK AND IT SUBSIDED.
ANY AINS ON LEFT SIDE  OF ARM SHOULDER OR  JAW AREA COULD INDICATE HEART ISSUES, BUT SAYING THAT  TAKE CARE AND GET IT RULED OUT FIRST
GOOD LUCK AND GOD BLESS HAVE FAITH IT REALLY HELS BELIEVE ME
I have had trouble with severe anemia and have had blood transfusions, and I have no gall bladder (for about 15 years), I sometimes get a bad cramp running from my chest down my LEFT arm and then tingling in fingers and toes.  I have woken up and not been able to feel half of my hand and part of my arm (I think I have like poor circulation or something there) but the night I woke up in so much pain I don't recall anything except the major cramping pain in my chest and the very hard time breathing.  My meditation alone wouldn't help, it took pain meds and Ativan (to make you calm).  I think I see my dr next week, but I will go to a walk in clinic if it happens again (or ER if I can't get it to calm down enough for me to fall back to sleep)
Thanks any other comments or advice welcome...
I'm no doctor, but I'd get to the ER immediately if I had had symptoms such as you described!
I would suggest you seek medical attention for your symptoms.  Chest pain that wakes you from sleep and takes an hour to subside with pain medications could be something serious and should be evaluated by a physician.