Aa
A
A
Close
Wolf Parkinson White Reoccurence
Hi

My Husband (25 years old) was diagnosed with WPW when he was born and was 'cleared' of it when he was approximatley 3 years old.  I was wondering if there is any likelihood of it reoccuring or potentially any risks?  I might add that he is very active and enjoys running long distance race.  Is this a problem?

Thank you
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Very unlikely. WPW is a condition of pre-excitation. It can be seen as a delta wave on the EKG.

To understand this is quite a lengthy explanation. But simply there are two upper chambers, two lower chambers of the heart. Separated by gristle. They cannot talk to each other. It is forboden! The gristle serves to stop electrical crosstalk. Which again, is forboden!

If WPW persists, it can not do anything or it can mean an irregular upper chamber heart rhythm starts talking to the lower chambers (important chambers of the heart). Which is forboden!!!

So, the treatment is to burn the little parts that talk and make it gristle as well. (gristle is like the stuff you get in any pork sandwich prodcut, bouncies)
Anyways, I cant see why they cant eliminate gristle in this modern era of food production. But in this case, the gristle is important.

If he does not have a delta wave on his EKG, then he doesnt have WPW. His chance of recurrence is approximately close to nil. (arent you glad I skipped the long explanation? :P)
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Top Heart Disease Answerers
159619 tn?1318997813
Blank
Salt Lake City, UT
11548417 tn?1440481484
Blank
Netherlands
Blank
Blank
Blank
Ireland
Blank
BloodPressure Tracker
Monitor Your Blood Pressure
Start Tracking Now
Blank
HeartRhythm Tracker
Track your Heart Condition
Start Tracking Now
Recent Activity
Blank
Paxiled commented on Gun Disarm Technique...
2 hrs ago
566249 tn?1294661218
Blank
GardeniaDreams So very tired. Comment
14 hrs ago
1236893 tn?1408490528
Blank
gymdandee commented on Gun Disarm Technique...
22 hrs ago
Heart Disease Community Resources