Wolf Parkinson White Reoccurence

My Husband (25 years old) was diagnosed with WPW when he was born and was 'cleared' of it when he was approximatley 3 years old.  I was wondering if there is any likelihood of it reoccuring or potentially any risks?  I might add that he is very active and enjoys running long distance race.  Is this a problem?

Thank you
Very unlikely. WPW is a condition of pre-excitation. It can be seen as a delta wave on the EKG.

To understand this is quite a lengthy explanation. But simply there are two upper chambers, two lower chambers of the heart. Separated by gristle. They cannot talk to each other. It is forboden! The gristle serves to stop electrical crosstalk. Which again, is forboden!

If WPW persists, it can not do anything or it can mean an irregular upper chamber heart rhythm starts talking to the lower chambers (important chambers of the heart). Which is forboden!!!

So, the treatment is to burn the little parts that talk and make it gristle as well. (gristle is like the stuff you get in any pork sandwich prodcut, bouncies)
Anyways, I cant see why they cant eliminate gristle in this modern era of food production. But in this case, the gristle is important.

If he does not have a delta wave on his EKG, then he doesnt have WPW. His chance of recurrence is approximately close to nil. (arent you glad I skipped the long explanation? :P)