I am an active healthy 24 year old male who was diagnosed with Wolffe Parkinson White syndrom five days ago after having been rushed to the E.R. with severe heart palpitations and a heart rate of 240 beats per minute. My physician and cardiologist diagnosed me with SVT and WPW syndrom after performing a blood test, an ekg, and an echo test. I am currently waiting to be scheduled for what they called an ablation of the extra electrical pathway in my heart. My questions are:
1. How safe is the ablation? What are potential problems that may arise either during the ablation or afterwards?
2. Is there any kind of a rating system for the doctors which perform this type of procedure, simply put are some doctors better than others at this procedure and how may I find out who is the best?
3. How common is this procedure and how many are performed daily, weekly or yearly?
4. Is it common for a cardiologist to recommend the ablation after only reviewing blood tests, and ekg, and an echo test of the heart?
5. I am currently taking the drug Diltiazem which seems to be controling my heart problem. Therefore, if I were to postpone the ablation procedure could I possibly be putting myself in danger of further heart problems?
Thank you very much in helping me to understand this procedure.
Copyright 1994-2017MedHelp International.All rights reserved. MedHelp is a division of Aptus Health.
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.