after effects of a heart attack
My mother had a heart attack some 6 weeks ago, ever since then the major issue has been her inability to swallow either food or drink, she'd eat a small mouthful and she describes the sensation of the stomach constricting totally and the having to vomit. She feels hungry yet is unable to eat, I wonder if this symptom is connected to her recent heart attack?
You didn't mention whether or not any intervention was done.  In other words, did they perform a heart cath?  Were any vessels stented?  I have the same problem when I take my meds and I have had 2 heart attacks, but I never associated that to be the problem. And, yes, at times I have vomited. It's not a constant problem with me.  Just occasionally. I have read that in some stroke patients they can develope a swallowing problem called Dysphagia.  Have you spoken to her doctor?  You say it has been 6 weeks now and this may be something else altogether, and I would certainly talk to the doctor about this.  If she is not able to eat this is a problem to make the doctor aware of. Take care, Ally
I had these symptoms for about a year prior to my heart attack. Doctors kept prescribing anti-acid pills and liquids. It turned out to be that my digestive system overloaded the ability of my heart. As Chatter†Ally has already stated, it would be interesting to know if an angiography was performed, or indeed if any stents were inserted.
Thanks for the responses, as concern intervention, yes, they did insert a stent in an artery which supplied blood to the lower ventricle. Apparently that lower chamber of the heart affects the stomach and associated problems with digestion (according to an experienced nurse, the specialists didn't mention it at all), and yes the doctors did prescribed anti acid pills years before her heart attack.
Her doctor is certainly aware of her eating problems and have had a battery of blood tests done to determine if helicobacter could be the culprit or some other problem , her next test might be a visit to a gastroenterologist to have an endoscopy performed. Every now and again, she can keep food thats been ingested, thankfully. Perhaps in her case it might take a while for those symptoms to go away or lessen.
It's certainly sounds like she is on the right track then.  You are a gem of a daughter, too.  Take care, Ally
Thanks for your kind comments, by the way, I'm her youngest son heehee

Keep well,
Chris
OOOPS!!!!!
I know the procedure was only 6 weeks ago, but have they mentioned anything about checking her arteries again? maybe with a CT scan? They always seem to assume nothing could have gone wrong, but there are cases where things have. One hour after stenting, I was allowed to eat a sandwich, and I was scared stiff, not knowing if I would be in pain again. It was so good to eat with no problems.