Heart Disease Expert Forum
after the heart stenting

This forum is for questions and support regarding heart issues such as: Angina, Angioplasty, Arrhythmia, Bypass Surgery, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease, Defibrillator, Heart Attack, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Pacemaker, PAD, Stenosis, Stress Tests.

after the heart stenting

In May 2010 suddenly I got pain in my right arm When to hospital , after various tests , engigraphy reavealed blocades of about 80% . As such 02  medicated stents have been placed > I also had high blood pressure. Now I have to take about 06 prescribed medicins daily.Prior to this sudden pain I never felt any problem nor do I feel after it.
My BP still remains about 165/168 / 85 or so and after taking medicins in the morning it reduces but later by evening it becomes same
Prior to stenting I used to take about 35 cigrettes a day .now after the stenting I stopped for few days but being unable to control I take about 5 still a day
What is the normal life of these stents and how to carry on with this life style else what to do ????
Tags: stenting
1 Comment
It is difficult to quit smoking but if you are able to stop completely, your stents will have the best chance at staying open for as long as possible.  The life span of stents is quite variable.  Some patients will have stents that narrow again after less than one year and some patients will have stents that stay open for more than 10 years.  If the stents re-narrow significantly, this can cause chest pain and may lead to the need for repeat stenting or ballooning open of the narrowed place.  It is very important that you maintain close follow-up with a cardiologist who can recommend medication and lifestyle modifications that will help you to feel the best and live the longest.